MeisterTask offers a native integration with the popular time tracking tool Harvest. The integration enables you to utilize Harvest's extensive time tracking, reporting and billing functionality without having to switch back and forth between the tools all the time. When you enable the integration, a Harvest time tracking button will appear inside your MeisterTask tasks, which you can use to quickly start and stop the timer.
Please note that the time you track using the Harvest integration is only saved in Harvest, not in MeisterTask. As such, it is also not considered in MeisterTask's internal time tracking reports and statistics.
Connect MeisterTask with Harvest
This tutorial presupposes that you already own a Harvest account. If you don't yet have an account, you can sign up for a free trial on the Harvest website.
- Open the MeisterTask project you want to connect to your Harvest account. Click the ( i ) button in the top bar and select Project Properties.
- In the Project Properties, switch to the Power-ups tab and scroll down until you see the Harvest entry. Click on Add.
- On the integration page, click on Enable Harvest Integration.
Once the loading spinner has disappeared, the Harvest integration is enabled.
Track Time in MeisterTask Using Harvest
Open the task you want to work on and click on the grey ( H ) button in the task's top bar. This opens the Harvest popover. If this is the first time you're using the integration, you will be asked to sign in to your Harvest account.
Once you've signed in, you're ready to start tracking time.
In the Harvest popover, you can...
- Select the Harvest project and task you want to track time in
- Edit the name of this timesheet (by default MeisterTask inserts the task name)
- Start the timer OR manually enter a time
Click on My Timesheet to open the Harvest app in your browser where you can then edit the timesheet further, view reports, create invoices for your billable hours, and much more.
Please note that the Harvest integration currently only works in the MeisterTask web app as well as the Mac App version 1.2.7. and up. You can download the latest Mac App version from the Mac App Store.