MeisterTask for Gmail is a free add-on that turns your emails into tasks at the click of a button. Once installed, the add-on lives in your Gmail inbox, where you can activate it whenever you need.
The subject line of the forwarded email will be turned into the task title, while the body of the email will be added to the task in the form of notes. You can modify both right inside the add-on if you like.
How to Install MeisterTask for Gmail
1. Visit the G Suite Marketplace and click on Install.
2. Follow the installation wizard to authorize the add-on.
3. Go to your inbox and open an email you'd like to forward to MeisterTask. Click on the gray MeisterTask icon on the right side of your email. The first time you do this, you will be asked to log in to MeisterTask.
4. In the add-on, choose which project and section the email should be added to, then click Create Task.
5. Your email instantly appears as a task in the project board you’ve chosen. To visit MeisterTask and edit the task further, click on ‘View Task’. This opens the task dialog, where you can add an assignee, due date, checklist items, tags and much more.
Take a look at this short demo video to see how it works:
How to Uninstall MeisterTask for Gmail
1. To uninstall MeisterTask for Gmail, first access your Gmail then click on the Settings (Gear wheel) icon.
2. Access the Add-ons tab and click on the Manage button beneath "Installed add-ons".
3. In the newly opened window click on the 3 dots (Options button) from the App MeisterTask for Gmail and click on Remove, then confirm remove by clicking on Remove App.