Section Actions are a fantastic way to automate recurring steps in your task management workflow and thus work more consistently and efficiently. Once you’ve configured a specific action for a section in your project, it will automatically be applied to all tasks moved to or created in this section.
How to Configure Section Actions
Step 1: Go to any section in your project. From the section header, open the section’s context menu and click on Actions, then select Add Action.
Step 2: Select the action you want to apply on the section:
- Assign Task: Apply this action to automatically assign tasks to a specific team member
- Change Status: This action changes the status of tasks to Open, Completed or Completed & Archived
- Move Task: This action automatically moves tasks into another project and/or section
- Send an email: This action sends and email to a group or single recipient
- Set or remove the due date: Set or remove the due date of a task with this Section Action.
- Add or remove tags: Use this action to automatically add or remove tasks when dropped into a section.
- Start or stop the time tracking: If this action is applied to the section it starts or stops the time tracking for all tasks that are moved newly moved to the section.
- Send a Slack message: Apply this action to send a Slack message to any channel
- Notify your Office 365 group: This action notifies your Office 365 group of the new task
We are constantly adding new Section Actions. Visit our blog for the latest updates, or subscribe to our newsletter!
Step 3: If you want to apply the action to already existing tasks in the section, be sure to check this box before clicking Done.
Here’s a short video tutorial that showcases our section actions – take a look:
Section Actions are one of MeisterTask’s fantastic power features that are available in our Pro plan.