Automations allow you to automate recurring steps in your task management workflow and thus work more consistently and efficiently. Once you’ve configured a specific automation for a section in your project, it will automatically be applied to all tasks moved to or created in this section.
Please note: Automations are available for all users of MeisterTask's Pro, Business and Enterprise plans.
How to Configure Automations
Step 1: Go to any section in your project. From the section header, open the section’s context menu and click on Automations, then select Add Automation.
Step 2 - Optional: If necessary, you can still change which section you'd like to apply the automation to in the automations dialog.
Step 3: Select the action you want to apply to the section by clicking on +Add Action.
The following actions are currently available:
- Assign the Task: Apply this action to automatically assign tasks to a specific project member
- Change the Status: This action changes the status of tasks to Open, Completed or Completed & Archived
- Move the Task: This action automatically moves tasks into another project and/or section
- Send an email: This action sends and email to a group or single recipient
- Set or remove the due date: Set or remove the due date of tasks with this action.
- Add or remove tags: Use this action to automatically add or remove tags from tasks.
- Start or stop the time tracking: Automatically start or stop the time tracking of a task when it is moved (or created in) a selected section.
- Send a Slack message: Apply this action to send a Slack message to any Slack channel.
- Notify your Office 365 group: This action notifies your Office 365 group of the new task.
Note: When setting the automation "Send an email" make sure the person that needs to receive the emails also has his email notifications turned on, the option "Send emails for task notifications". More information on Notifications here.
We are constantly adding new automations. Visit our blog for the latest updates, or subscribe to our newsletter!
Step 4: If you want to apply the action to already existing tasks in the selected section, be sure to check the box at the bottom of the automations dialog before clicking Done.
How to Manage and Delete Automations
You can manage and delete existing automations in the project properties. To access the dialog, click on the ( i ) button in the top bar of your project and select Project Properties from the menu. In the dialog that appears, switch to Automations.
Use the blue buttons next to the individual automations to edit or delete them.