Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) is an XML-based framework for authentication and authorization between two entities: a Service Provider and an Identity Provider.
SAML is an open standard mostly used for Single Sign-On (SSO). Authentication information is exchanged through digitally signed XML documents. It's a complex single sign-on (SSO) implementation that enables seamless authentication, mostly between businesses and enterprises.
With SAML, you don't have to worry about typing in authentication credentials or remembering and resetting passwords.
SAML Single Sign-On integration for your team, contact our sales team for more information.
The SAML Single Sign-On integration can only be enabled by Business or Enterprise Team Admins.
Setup customized domain for SAML
As a team admin, in order to enable the SAML Single Sign-on integration, you first need to set a customized login domain:
- From MeisterTasks Dashboard click the Avatar Icon in the top right and click My Account. Click on My Team from the left side menu.
- Select the Settings sub-menu.
- Select the Branding tab and type the customized domain name in the box beneath Login Domain and click Save Changes.
Configure Single Sign-On Integration
- In your Account page, click My Team from the left side menu and select the Settings tab.
- Scroll down to the SAML Single Sign-On section.
- Click the checkbox beside Enable SSO with third party identity provider.
- Click the Choose File button and upload your identity provider's metadata XML file.
- Click Save Changes.
- Once you save the changes, your account will support SAML Single Sign-on authentication through your identity provider. You can find the login links in the SAML Single Sign-On section.
You can download our Service Provider Metadata XML file from the SAML Single Sign-on section once you have set the integration.
Attached you can find a sample XML file for the identity providers.