This feature is available to all users
MeisterTask for Gmail is a free add-on that turns your emails into tasks at the click of a button.
The subject line of the forwarded email will be turned into the task title, while the body of the email will be added to the task in the form of task description. Both can be modified inside the add-on if you like.
In this Article:
- Demo Video: MeisterTask for Gmail
- Install MeisterTask for Gmail
- Turn Emails into Tasks
- Uninstall MeisterTask for Gmail
Demo Video: MeisterTask for Gmail
Take a look at this short demo video to see how the integration works:
Install MeisterTask for Gmail
Before you can use MeisterTask's Gmail add-on, you'll need to install it. To do this:
- Follow this link to install the add-on – simply click Install.
- Follow the installation wizard to authorize the add-on.
Turn Emails into Tasks
- Go to your inbox and open an email you'd like to forward to MeisterTask.
- Click on the blue MeisterTask icon on the right side of your email – you will be asked to log in to MeisterTask.
- In the side bar, choose which project and section the email should be added to, and edit the title and task description if you'd like to.
- Click Create Task.
- Your email instantly appears as a task in the project board you’ve chosen.
- To edit the task, click View Task from the Gmail add-on – this opens the task dialog in MeisterTask where you can add an assignee, due date, checklist items, tags and much more.
Uninstall MeisterTask for Gmail
To uninstall MeisterTask for Gmail:
- Log in to your Gmail account.
- Open Settings (gear icon) and click See all settings.
- Click the Add-ons tab.
- Click the Manage button beneath Installed add-ons.
- In the newly opened window, click the ellipsis (...) over the app MeisterTask for Gmail.
- Click Uninstall.
- Confirm by clicking Uninstall App.
Explore other advanced features in MeisterTask: