This feature is available to Pro and Business users
Form a Team in MeisterTask to more easily collaborate with your colleagues and manage your organization's licenses, user groups and billing.
This article describes how to create a MeisterTask team and invite or remove users. To learn how to manage your team's licenses, visit our dedicated article here.
In this Article:
- Video Tutorial
- What is a MeisterTask Team?
- Create a Team
- Add Team Members
- Disable or Remove Members From Your Team
- Create User Groups Within Your Team
- Customize MeisterTask's Appearance to Fit Your Brand
- Adjust Team Security Settings
- What If My Team Is Under-Licensed?
Users who have purchased their subscription via the App Store or Google Play Store will not be able to purchase additional licenses or create a team. If you are currently on a mobile subscription and wish to purchase additional licenses, reach out to Meister Support here.
Take a look at this short, 4-minute tutorial to learn the basics of creating and managing your MeisterTask team.
What is a MeisterTask Team?
Even though users don't need to be part of a team in order to collaborate with others, forming a team in MeisterTask has many benefits, especially for businesses, schools, and other organizations.
Team administrators are able to:
- Add, remove or disable team members as needed
- Manage licenses and billing for all team members.
- Create user groups within a team to quickly share projects with a specific set of colleagues (Business users only)
- Create a customized login domain for your team and customize MeisterTask's appearance to fit your brand (Business users only).
- Enhance data security by allowing access to your Projects from only certain IP ranges, e.g. from your offices (Business users only).
MeisterTask teams are unrelated to a project's roles and permissions.
If you are the administrator of your team's licenses, this does not automatically make you the administrator of projects created by your team.
Create a Team
To form your MeisterTask Team, you'll first need to purchase licenses for your colleagues. All of your team's licenses must be purchased from the same account. To do this:
- Visit meisertask.com/pricing and decide whether you'd like to purchase Business or Pro licenses. Once you've decided, click Buy Now.
- Select whether you'd like to be billed annually or monthly from the drop-down menu.
- Choose how many users you'd like to add to your team.
- Click Continue and enter your billing address and payment information.
- Click Complete Order.
Once you've purchased licenses and created your team, you can view, edit and manage your team from the Accounts page. See below to learn more.
Add Team Members
Once you've purchased licenses and created your team, you can visit the accounts page to invite colleagues to join your team. To do this:
- Click your user avatar in the top-right corner of the MeisterTask interface.
- Select Account to access the accounts page.
- Click My Team on the left side of the accounts page.
- Click Invite User to enter your colleague's email address and send an invitation.
- Click Copy at the bottom of the page to copy an invitation link which you can send to your colleagues.
Users who already have their own paid subscription to MeisterTask CANNOT join your team.
If one of your colleagues already has a Pro or Business License, they will first have to downgrade to a basic account in order to accept your invitation.
Edit, Disable or Remove Members From Your Team
Once users have accepted your invitation and been added to your team, they will be listed in the My Team section of the Accounts page. From here, you can edit, disable or remove team members. To do this:
- Hover your mouse over a team member's name.
- Click the more options (...) icon which appears to the right of your team member's name.
- Select an option from the drop-down menu:
- Select Edit to change a team member's name, email address or password.
- Select Disable to temporarily freeze a team member's use of a specific product and free up one of your licenses. Disabling a user will not remove them from your team.
- Select Make Admin to assign administrator status to a team member (Only available for Business users).
- Select Remove from team to permanently remove a colleague from your team. This will also free up any licenses used by the removed team member.
Create Groups Within Your Team
Creating user groups allows you to quickly share projects with a specific group of users within your team, e.g. for departments, regional offices, leadership groups or sub-teams within your organization.
To learn more about creating and managing user groups, visit our dedicated article here.
Customize MeisterTask's Appearance to Fit Your Brand
You can customize MeisterTask's branding appearance in the Branding section of the My Team page. Team administrators can choose to:
- Display their organization's logo in the MeisterTask interface
- Add a company name for their team
- Create a customized login domain (e.g. YourCompany.MeisterTask.com)
(Business Users Only)
To learn more about adjusting your branding settings, visit our dedicated article here.
Adjust Team Security Settings
Business team administrators can adjust team security options from the Settings section of the My Team page. Team administrators can:
- Only allow access to your workspaces from certain IP ranges (e.g. from your offices)
- Adjust who can join your team. Join by invitation only or allow all users from certain domains to be automatically approved.
- Display users' full names instead of first names.
To learn more about adjusting your team's security settings, visit our dedicated article here.
What If My Team Is Under-Licensed?
If your team owns fewer licenses than it has team members (i.e. if you have 10 team members but only own 9 licenses), unlicensed users will not be able to use the product. The best way to remedy this issue is to purchase more licenses.
Otherwise, you'll need to make a decision as to which team members should be disabled. Disabling a team member from using a specific Meister product will free up one of your licenses, which you can then assign to another user. To learn more about managing your team members and disabling users, visit our dedicated article here.
Still having trouble?
Reach out to MeisterTask Support for help!