Only team admins can create and manage a MeisterTask Team
Form a Team in MeisterTask to more easily collaborate with your colleagues and manage your organization's licenses, user groups and billing.
This article describes how to create a MeisterTask team and invite or remove users. If you are a Pro or Business team administrator and would like to manage your team's subscriptions and licenses, visit our dedicated article here.
Users who have purchased their subscription via the App Store or Google Play Store will not be able to purchase additional licenses or create a team. If you are currently on a mobile subscription and wish to purchase additional licenses, reach out to Meister Support here.
What is a MeisterTask Team?
Even though users don't need to be part of a team in order to collaborate with others, forming a team in MeisterTask has many benefits, especially for businesses, schools, and other organizations.
Team administrators are able to:
- Add, remove or disable team members as needed
- Manage licenses and billing for all team members.
- Create user groups within a team to quickly share projects with a specific set of colleagues (Business users only)
- Create a customized login domain for your team and customize MeisterTask's appearance to fit your brand (Business users only).
- Enhance data security by allowing access to your Projects from only certain IP ranges, e.g. from your offices (Business users only).
MeisterTask teams are unrelated to a project's roles and permissions.
If you are the administrator of your team's licenses, this does not automatically make you the administrator of projects created by your team.
Create a Team
You can create your MeisterTask team by inviting your colleagues to join via the My Team page. To do this:
- Click your user avatar in the top-right corner of the MeisterTask interface.
- Select Account from the drop-down menu. This will open the Accounts page.
- Click My Team on the left side of the accounts page.
- Click the Invite button.
- In the next window, enter the e-mail addresses of your new team members and select which Meister Products you'd like to invite your new team members to use.
Assigning Licenses (Paid Users)
If you are managing a Pro or Business team, the number of available seats (licenses) for each product is displayed at the bottom of this window. Click "Add More" to purchase additional licenses for your team.
- Select Invite to send an e-mail invitation to each of your new colleagues. Once users have accepted your invitation, they will be immediately added to your team and gain access to all of your team projects.
Users who already have their own paid subscription to a Meister product CANNOT join your team.
If one of your colleagues already has a paid license for a Meister product, they will first have to downgrade to a basic account in order to accept your invitation.
As soon as the invitees have accepted your invitation, they will be immediately added to your team. You can edit, disable or remove team members from the My Team section of the Accounts page. Find out more here.
Edit, Disable or Remove Your Team Members
Once users have accepted your invitation and been added to your team, they will be listed in the My Team section of the Accounts page. From here, you can edit, disable or remove team members. To do this:
- Hover your mouse over a team member's name.
- Click the ellipsis (...) which appears to the right of your team member's name.
- Select an option from the drop-down menu:
- Select Edit to change a team member's name, email address or password.
- Select Disable to temporarily freeze a team member's use of a specific product and free up one of your licenses. Disabling a user will not remove them from your team.
- Select Make Admin to assign administrator status to a team member (Only available for Business users).
- Select Remove from team to permanently remove a colleague from your team. This will also free up any licenses used by the removed team member.
Create Groups Within Your Team
This feature is only available to Business users.
Creating user groups allows you to quickly share projects with a specific group of users within your team, e.g. for departments, regional offices, leadership groups or sub-teams within your organization.
To learn more about creating and managing user groups, visit our dedicated article here.
Create a Team Name and Add Your Team's Logo to MeisterTask
You can customize MeisterTask's branding appearance in the Branding section of the My Team page. Team administrators can choose to:
- Give their team a name.
- Display their organization's logo in the MeisterTask interface (Pro teams only).
- Create a customized login domain (e.g. YourCompany.MeisterTask.com)
(Business teams only).
To learn more about adjusting your branding settings, visit our dedicated article here.
Adjust Team Security Settings
This feature is only available to Business users.
Business team administrators can adjust team security options from the Settings section of the My Team page. Team administrators can:
- Only allow access to your workspaces from certain IP ranges (e.g. from your offices)
- Adjust who can join your team. Join by invitation only or allow all users from certain domains to be automatically approved.
- Display users' full names instead of first names.
To learn more about adjusting your team's security settings, visit our dedicated article here.
What If My Team Is Under-Licensed?
This section only applies to Pro and Business teams.
If your team owns fewer licenses than it has team members (i.e. if you have 10 team members but only own 9 licenses), unlicensed users will not be able to use the product. The best way to remedy this issue is to purchase more licenses.
Otherwise, you'll need to make a decision as to which team members should be disabled. Disabling a team member from using a specific Meister product will free up one of your licenses, which you can then assign to another user. To learn more about managing your team members and disabling users, visit our dedicated article here.
Ask your question in the Meister Community!