MeisterTask offers a direct import for data from Wunderlist, enabling you to move all your existing lists, tasks and subtasks over in a matter of seconds. Here's how it works:
- If you don’t yet have a MeisterTask account, sign up for a free account now.
- Open your Wunderlist account. Click on your user avatar in the upper left corner of the screen and select Account Settings from the dropdown menu.
- In your Account Settings, click on Create Backup.
Please note that Wunderlist doesn’t include comments or file attachments in its exports, therefore those will also not be transferred to MeisterTask.
- You should receive an email from Wunderlist once the export is done with the download link, access it, open the .zip file and extract the .json file (normally named Tasks.json).
Open the MeisterTask dashboard in the web app or in one of our desktop apps. Click the ( + ) button at the top-left corner of the screen and select Import from Wunderlist…
- Choose the exported JSON file from your hard drive and click Continue.
- Once the import is completed, you will find a new project called “Imported from Wunderlist” in your project list. Click on the project to open it and view all your imported tasks.
Each section in the project represents a list from your old Wunderlist account. If you want, you can keep the project as it is and simply manage all of your tasks in this single board. However, you’ll probably find it more convenient to create a separate project for each of your lists. Here’s how to do this:
Click on the MeisterTask logo in the top-left corner of the project board to go back to MeisterTask’s dashboard. At the top of the project list, click the ( + ) button and select New Project. Type in a name, then click on Create Project. The new project will appear at the bottom of your projects list.
- Before opening the new project, head back to the "Imported from Wunderlist" project once more and choose a section whose content you want to move to the separate project. Hover over the colored section header until a little triangle appears, then click on it to open the section menu. There, click on the ellipsis to open the submenu, then select Move from the list.
- In the new dialog that appears, search the project where you want to add the section and click on the project name.
- When you open the new project, you’ll find that it now holds the entire section you chose to move, as well as three default sections called Open, In Progress and Done. You can now rename and rearrange all sections in this project, so be sure to take a minute to create your perfect workflow!
Keep the CMD / CTRL key pressed to select multiple tasks at once and efficiently move them from one section to another. This will help you distribute the tasks across the board in a matter of seconds!
When you’re done organizing your project board, it may look something like this:
You're now ready to get productive in MeisterTask! You can invite team members to collaborate with you; assign tasks; add attachments; start tracking time, and much more. If you’re new to MeisterTask and need a little help getting started, check out our tutorial videos on YouTube!