This article describes how to trash and restore tasks in MeisterTask. It includes:
- How to trash a task.
- How to restore a trashed task.
- Options for permanently deleting tasks.
How to Trash and Restore Tasks
Trash a Task
- Open the task you want to delete.
- In the upper right corner of the task dialog, click the ellipsis.
- Select Trash.
Restore a Trashed Task
You can recover trashed tasks at any time. To do this:
- Click (i) at the top of the project screen.
- Select Trashed Tasks.
- Search for the trashed task, and click it to open the task dialog.
- Click the ellipsis in the upper right corner of the task dialog.
- Select Restore from the menu.
After this, the task will be moved back to your project board.
Tips and Tricks
You can filter your search for trashed tasks according to Project, Assigned to, Due date or Tags.
Permanently Deleting Tasks
Currently, no option exists to permanently delete tasks. However, if for any reason you wish to remove a task entirely from your account:
- Create a new project and move the task there.
- Archive and delete the project. Once the project is deleted, the task will disappear too.
If you’re still having trouble…
Contact MeisterTask Support for help.