This feature is available to Pro and Business Users
Bugsnag is an error-monitoring tool that allows software developers to find, prioritize and fix bugs.
Connect Bugsnag and MeisterTask so that every time Bugsnag logs a new exception, a new task is created in MeisterTask. The task will include the error message, stacktrace and a link back to the issue in Bugsnag.
In this Article:
Setting Up the Bugsnag Integration
There’s no need to enable the integration in MeisterTask’s project settings. Just go straight to Bugsnag to set up the connection there. To do this:
- Open Bugsnag’s project view.
- Select the project you'd like to connect with MeisterTask.
- Go to Settings and select Issue Tracker.
- Scroll through the list of tools until you find MeisterTask.
- On the Settings page, click on the link ‘Create an access token for MeisterTask’. This will bring you to our API page where you can retrieve the token.
- Be sure to select the following three options from the menu before clicking Submit:
- Copy the value and paste it into the access token field in Bugsnag.
- Enter the names of the MeisterTask project and the section you want to connect. This is where Bugsnag will insert all future tickets.
- Save the settings – MeisterTask and Bugsnag are now connected.
Bugsnag will add comments to tasks in MeisterTask when the corresponding error in Bugsnag changes state. Comments added by a user in Bugsnag are also automatically displayed in the corresponding task MeisterTask.
For issues that were logged before you set up the MeisterTask integration, you can create tasks manually:
- Go to the report.
- Click on the ! in the upper-left corner of the screen.
Explore other advanced features in MeisterTask: