This feature is available to Pro and Business Users
Bugsnag is an error-monitoring tool that allows software developers to find, prioritize and fix bugs.
Connect Bugsnag and MeisterTask so that every time Bugsnag logs a new exception, a new task is created in MeisterTask. The task will include the error message, stacktrace and a link back to the issue in Bugsnag.
Setting Up the Bugsnag Integration
There’s no need to enable the integration in MeisterTask’s project settings. Just go straight to Bugsnag to set up the connection there. To do this:
- Open Bugsnag’s project view.
- Select the project you'd like to connect with MeisterTask.
- Go to Settings and select Issue Tracker.
- Scroll through the list of tools until you find MeisterTask.
- On the Settings page, click on the link ‘Create an access token for MeisterTask’. This will bring you to our API page where you can retrieve the token.
- Be sure to select the following three options from the menu before clicking Submit:
- Copy the value and paste it into the access token field in Bugsnag.
- Enter the names of the MeisterTask project and the section you want to connect. This is where Bugsnag will insert all future tickets.
- Save the settings – MeisterTask and Bugsnag are now connected.
Bugsnag will add comments to tasks in MeisterTask when the corresponding error in Bugsnag changes state. Comments added by a user in Bugsnag are also automatically displayed in the corresponding task MeisterTask.
For issues that were logged before you set up the MeisterTask integration, you can create tasks manually:
- Go to the report.
- Click on the ! in the upper-left corner of the screen.
Ask your question in the Meister Community!