This article describes how to trash and restore projects in MeisterTask. It includes:
- What is the difference between archiving and trashing projects?
- How to trash a project.
- How to restore a trashed project.
How to Archive, Trash, and Restore Projects
Archiving vs. Trashing Projects
When you no longer need a project, you have the option to archive or trash it.
Archiving a project will save the project in its final state. No changes can be made to archived projects until they are restored. Archived projects are stored indefinitely on your MeisterTask account.
To learn more about archiving and restoring projects, please see Archive and Restore Archived Projects
Trashed projects are deleted permanently from your account. However, once you trash a project it can be recovered from Trashed Projects within the next 30 days. After these 30 days pass, it can no longer be recovered, even by Meister Support.
Archive a Project
To archive a project in MeisterTask:
- Click the “i” icon in the top bar of your project, then click on More.
- Select Archive from the drop-down menu. Then, confirm that you want to archive the project.
Trash a Project
Only archived projects can be trashed. Therefore, to trash a project, you must first archive it. Then:
- In your dashboard, select Archived Projects from the Projects drop-down menu.
- In the left panel, find the project you would like to trash and open it. In the project header, click Trash this Project.
Restore an Trashed Project
If you trash a project, it can still be recovered within the next 30 days. To recover a trashed project:
- Go to the dashboard
- Select Trashed Projects from the projects drop-down menu.
- Find the project you would like to restore and click Restore.
If you’re still having trouble…
Contact MeisterTask Support for help.