This article will help you to fix performance issues. This allows you to:
- Perform quick fixes and troubleshoot basic issues.
- Report unsolvable issues to Meister effectively.
How to Recognize Performance Issues
You may be experiencing performance issues if:
- MeisterTask is completely unresponsive.
- MeisterTask is responding slowly to your input.
- MeisterTask is taking a long time to load.
How to Fix Performance Issues
MeisterTask may not work effectively on your computer because of issues with your browser or internet connection. To check this:
- Restart your computer, then try using MeisterTask again.
- Check your internet connection. If you are experiencing connectivity issues, open a different website to check that you are connected to the internet, or use an online speed test to check your internet connection.
- Check whether performance issues only occur on certain networks (e.g. on your office or home network). Contact your system administrator or network provider if issues only occur on one network.
- If you are using MeisterTask in your browser, try a different browser (or use MeisterTask in Incognito Mode, Private Browsing, or similar). If MeisterTask works better in the new browser, clear the cache and cookies on the original browser, then try again.
MeisterTask may not work effectively on your computer because of configurations in your projects or account. To check this:
Keep projects maintained
- Archive any completed tasks or projects.
- Trash any tasks or projects that are longer needed (but are not completed).
Change appearance preferences
Click your user avatar in the top right corner of MeisterTask, click Preferences, then toggle to the Appearance tab. Then:
- Check the box next to Compact UI.
- Uncheck the box next to Enable Animations.
- Uncheck the box next to Inline Thumbnails.
Submitting an Error Report to MeisterTask
If the aforementioned measures do not solve your performance issues in MeisterTask, you will need to contact MeisterTask Support for further help.
When you are submitting an error report, providing as much information as possible will help us to process your request effectively. Include any important information under Description, then add the relevant files in the Attachments section.
You should include:
- Details about which operating system and browser you experienced the issue with (including version).
- Information about which tasks or projects were affected by the issue.
- Information about your computer, including its RAM, processor and the age of the hardware. This guide will help you do this on Windows, use this guide for Mac.