This feature generates reports on your team’s projects and tasks. You can:
- Generate predefined reports on your project(s) over a specified time frame.
- Adjust filters to generate customized reports on your project(s) over a specified time frame.
All users can use this feature. However, some features are only available to users with paid subscriptions (see below).
Migration of Statistics and Reports
Reports replaces the old Statistics and Reports feature in the accounts area. However, time tracking data was not included in the migration and will remain accessible in the accounts area for now.
Reports and Your Subscription
The Reports feature is available to all MeisterTask users. However, certain functionalities are only available to users on paid plans, i.e. MeisterTask Pro, Business and Enterprise users. The following is an overview of which functions are available with your current plan.
|Function||MeisterTask Basic||All Paid Subscriptions|
|Project Filter (Single Project)||✔||✔|
|Project Filter (Multiple Projects)||.||✔|
|Standard Date Range Filter||✔||✔|
|Custom Date Range Filter||.||✔|
|Additional Filters in Task Overview||.||✔|
|Customizable Axis Settings||.||✔|
This help center article assumes that you are using a paid MeisterTask plan with full functionality. For information on pricing and subscriptions, visit our pricing page.
How to Use Reports
Access and navigate the Reports interface
To start using Reports, click Reports from the dashboard. The reports interface appears as follows:
1. Filters bar
Allows you to add filters, change your selection, or remove filters entirely. Filters include:
- Project. Filters tasks by project.
- Date range. Filters tasks by the date that the defined action (created, completed, due) took/takes place on.
- Status. Filters tasks by their current status: open, completed or trashed.
- Assignee. Filters tasks by assigned user. Displays only assigned tasks for the selected project(s), not all tasks assigned to that user.
- Tags. Filters tasks according to their tag(s).
2. Quick Reports
Allows you to select from standard reports with preset filters. These are:
- All open tasks (all open tasks for the selected project(s)).
- Recently created tasks (tasks created for the selected project(s) in the current month).
- All completed tasks (all completed tasks for the selected project(s)).
- Recently completed tasks (tasks for the selected project(s) that were completed in the current month).
- All due tasks (all open tasks with a due date for the selected project(s)).
- Any reports that you save for future reference.
Allows you to download report data in a .xls or .csv format.
Exporting from MeisterTask Reports allows you to recreate your reports with other software, such as Microsoft Excel. Exported information includes:
- Project Name
- Task Name
- Task creation date
- Assignee name
- Due Date
To export a report, proceed as follows:
- Select the report you want to export from Quick Reports, or apply filters to create a custom report.
- Click the export button at the top of the screen.
- Select the format you wish your report to be exported to and click Export.
- You will receive a notification when your export is ready. Click Download now to download it.
4. Save Custom Reports
If you have made changes made to a predefined report (filter, axis, etc.), you can save the new overview for future reference.
To save a report:
- Click the Save button in the top-right corner of the bar graph view.
- Give your report a name, then access it again by clicking on the Quick Reports dropdown.
5. Axis and grouping settings (legend)
Allows you to define parameters for the x-axis and bars.
The x-axis can be set as any date range category included in the project filters. For example, “created” shows tasks created on a specific date at the relevant point on the x-axis.
Grouping defines how the bars are displayed. Grouping by project will split the bar into different colors that depict how many tasks from a selected project are part of the overall total. Grouping by assignee will display how many tasks from the total are assigned to each team member.
The legend indicates which categories are represented by the colors in each bar. Hover over a bar to see a detailed breakdown of the data it depicts.
Stacks are generated automatically based on the x-axis and grouping settings. The scales of the x- and y-axes adjust automatically.
7. Task Overview
Allows you to see details on every task included in the current selection. Details include the task’s project, when the task was created, who it is assigned to, the total time tracked on the task, the number of open/completed checklists items on the task, and the task’s current status. Further parameters can be shown in new columns. Click the ellipsis (...) in the top right to see all filters.
Click a task from the overview to open its task dialog.
You can also collapse the chart of the report to see only the task overview.
Generate a predefined report
- Click Reports from the dashboard to open the reports interface.
- Select one or more projects from the Project dropdown menu.
- Select a predefined report from the dropdown list.
Generate a customized report
- Click Reports from the dashboard to open the reports interface.
- Select one or more projects from the dropdown menu.
- Select the filters you wish to apply to your report from the filters bar.
- Set x-axis and grouping settings for your report.
Your Feedback Matters
Reports is currently in the Beta phase. We’re actively collecting feedback from our users to find out how to improve the feature. Once you’ve used reports, click Got Feedback? in the top-right corner of the screen to let us know what you think. Don’t worry if you forget something — you can leave feedback as often as you like.
Hints and Tips
Calendar view and time tracking are not available in the new reports feature. However, these will remain in the existing statistics feature for now.
My reports don’t show the correct data
To get the best results from the new reports feature, certain parameters must be set in the tasks you wish to generate reports on. Make sure to:
- Set due dates.
- Set assignees.
- Set completed tasks to “completed” and archive them to remove them from your project board.
- Avoid trashing tasks that have been completed (these will otherwise appear as “trashed” rather than “completed”).
I can’t see my archived tasks
Archived tasks will be included when you select completed tasks in your filters. They cannot be filtered separately. To achieve the best results:
- Only archive tasks that have been completed.
- Only trash tasks that you don’t need and haven’t been completed.
If you’re still having trouble…
Contact MeisterTask Support for help.