This article explains how to import and export projects in comma-separated value (CSV) format. It includes the following:
- What is a CSV export?
- Project properties included in the export.
- How to export a project in CSV format.
- How to import an exported CSV project.
About CSV Exports
The CSV Export/Import feature allows you to export MeisterTask project data in a portable format, save this information locally, and then to re-import this data into MeisterTask again (for example in a different account).
The goal of this feature is to easily transport task and project data between accounts and edit the information in programs other than MeisterTask (for example in Microsoft Excel).
Properties Included in the CSV Export
Exporting a project’s task data using this feature will save the following information to your local storage in a CSV file.
- Task ID
- Task name
- Task description
- Task assignee
- Task status (open, archived, completed)
- Created, updated and due dates
- Custom fields
Note: You can only import data that is contained in features included in your current MeisterTask plan. For example, you will not be able to import custom fields if you only have a MeisterTask Basic account.
How to Import and Export Project Data in CSV Format
Export Project Data in CSV Format
First, enter the project you would like to export. Then, proceed as follows:
- Click the (i) at the top of the project screen.
- Click … More in the next menu.
- Click Export.
- In the next menu, click Export next to CSV in order to export your file.
- You’ll get a notification when your export is ready for download. Click Download Now to save it to local storage (you can choose a location from the explorer).
Note: The export from MeisterTask will be downloaded in a zipped folder. You will need to extract the files before importing them again.
Note: You can make changes to task information within your CSV files. These will then be reflected when the data is re-imported. Play close attention to formatting while editing any data.
Import a Project in CSV Format
You can import the task information saved on your computer as a CSV file into a new project in MeisterTask. To do this:
- Go to the dashboard and click the (+) next to Projects in the left sidebar.
- Click Import.
- In the import menu, select CSV as the import format.
- Click Choose .csv file, then select the template you want to import.
- Once the file is uploaded, select Continue.
- You’ll receive another notification when the import is complete. Click Open Project to go to the newly created project. You can also access it from the projects list on the left side of the dashboard.
If you’re still having trouble…
Contact MeisterTask Support for help.