This feature is available to Business Users.
Create subtasks to break large tasks into smaller, more manageable chunks. Subtasks have all the functionalities of normal tasks and are connected to their parent task through a Task Relationship.
Create a Subtask
Once subtasks have been enabled in a project, they can be added to any task. To create a subtask:
- Open a task.
- Click + Add Subtask.
- Give your subtask a name. You can also add an assignee and/or due date.
- Click on a subtask to open it.
- If Show subtasks is enabled, your subtask will appear in the same section as the parent task.
Subtasks can be moved to any project or section, regardless of where their parent task is located.
Working with Subtasks
When opened, subtasks have all the functionalities of normal tasks (and can even have their own subtasks!). This means that subtasks can be moved/edited independently of their parent tasks.
Subtasks can also be managed directly from their parent task. From the parent task, you can:
- Complete the subtask.
- Add an assignee to the subtask.
- Set a due date for the subtask.
Click on the subtask to open it.
Hide/Show Subtasks in a Project
Project Administrators can choose whether subtasks are visible within a project. To toggle between showing and hiding subtasks:
- Click the sidebar icon in the top-right corner of your project.
- Switch to the Filters sidebar by clicking the filters icon (three lines).
- Click the switch next to Show Subtasks.
Detach a Subtask from its Parent Task
You can detach any subtask from its parent task to remove the subtask-parent task relationship. To do this:
- Open the subtask.
- Click Detach in the top-right corner of the task window.
Convert an Existing Task into a Subtask
Enable/Disable Subtasks in a Project
Only project administrators can add Power-Ups (like subtasks) to a project
Before using subtasks, you'll need to enable them in the Project settings window:
- Click the project name at the top of your project board, then select Project settings.
- Navigate to the Power-Ups tab.
- Enable/Disable Task Relations & Subtasks.
Ask your question in the Meister Community!