This feature is available to all users
You can create tasks directly from your inbox by sending an email to the unique email address associated with a section in your project.
In this Article:
Create a Task via Email
Every email you send to your project section's unique email address will immediately become a task.
- The Subject of your email will become the Task Name.
- The Body of your email will become the Task Description.
- Any Attachments to your email will be included as Attachments to your new task.
- To add Tags to your tasks, simply add them as words with hashtags (#) at the beginning of your email. Multiple tags can be separated by a space (i.e. #priority1 #marketing).
In-line attachments (attachments embedded in the body of an e-mail) will NOT be included as attachments to your task.
Where Should I Send My Task-Creation Email?
Each section of your project is associated with a unique email address. By sending an email to this address, you can create a task. To view a section's unique email:
- From the project dashboard, hover your mouse over the section header of the section you'd like to add a task to.
- Click the ellipsis which appears.
- Select Automations from the drop-down menu.
- At the bottom of the Automations Dialog, you will find the email address associated with this particular section.
- Click on this email address to copy it to your clipboard.
You might find it convenient to save your section's unique email to your address book (i.e. "Project Name/Section").
Privacy and Data Security
Task-creation email addresses are always associated with a MeiserTask user account. As soon as a user is removed from a project, their unique email address will immediately stop working and they will be unable to create tasks in the project.
Check out these articles to learn more and get the most out of MeisterTask:
- Project Management Basics
- Task Management Basics
- Explore the MeisterTask Dashboard
- Manage Project Sections