This feature is available to all users
You can create tasks directly from your inbox by sending an email to the unique email address associated with a section in your project.
In this Article:
Create a Task via Email
Every email you send to your project section's unique email address will immediately become a task.
- The Subject of your email will become the Task Name.
- The Body of your email will become the Task Description.
- Any Attachments to your email will be included as Attachments to your new task.
- To add Tags to your tasks, simply add them as words with hashtags (#) at the beginning of your email. Multiple tags can be separated by a space (i.e. #priority1 #marketing).
Where Should I Send My Task-Creation Email?
Each section of your project is associated with a unique email address. By sending an email to this address, you can create a task. To view a section's unique email:
- From the project dashboard, hover your mouse over the section header of the section you'd like to add a task to.
- Click the expand arrow which appears.
- Select Automations from the drop-down menu.
- At the bottom of the Automations Dialog, you will find the email address associated with this particular section.
- Click on this email address to copy it to your clipboard.
You might find it convenient to save your section's unique email to your address book (i.e. "Project Name/Section").
Privacy and Data Security
Task-creation email addresses are always associated with a MeiserTask user account. As soon as a user is removed from a project, their unique email address will immediately stop working and they will be unable to create tasks in the project.
Still having trouble?
Reach out to MeisterTask Support for help!