These solutions are available to all users.
If MeisterTask is slow or unresponsive, you may be experiencing performance issues. This article covers general solutions for improving MeisterTask performance and how to reach out to MeisterTask support for help.
General Performance Solutions
- Restart your computer, then try using MeisterTask again.
- Check your internet connection. If you are experiencing connectivity issues, open a different website to check that you are connected to the internet, or use an online speed test to check your internet connection.
- Check whether performance issues only occur on certain networks (e.g. on your office or home network). Contact your system administrator or network provider if issues only occur on one network.
- If you are using MeisterTask in your browser, try a different browser (or use MeisterTask in Incognito Mode, Private Browsing, or similar). If MeisterTask works better in the new browser, clear the cache and cookies on the original browser, then try again.
If your system or internet connection is too heavily stressed by the number of tasks and information visible in your project boards, you can take steps to declutter your projects to improve performance.
Keep projects maintained
If your project board is too cluttered with unused tasks, be sure to:
Change appearance preferences
You can change your appearance settings to display less information in your project boards and improve performance. To do this, click your user avatar in the top right corner of MeisterTask, click Preferences, then switch to the Appearance tab. Then:
- Check the box next to Compact UI.
- Uncheck the box next to Enable Animations.
- Uncheck the box next to Inline Thumbnails.
Submitting an Error Report to MeisterTask Support
If the aforementioned measures do not solve your performance issues in MeisterTask, you will need to contact MeisterTask Support for further help.
When you are submitting an error report, providing as much information as possible will help us to process your request effectively. Include any important information under Description, then add the relevant files in the Attachments section.
You should include:
- Details about which operating system and browser you experienced the issue with (including version).
- Information about which tasks or projects were affected by the issue.
- Information about your computer, including its RAM, processor and the age of the hardware. This guide will help you do this on Windows, use this guide for Mac.