This article applies to all users.
Private projects are only available to Pro and Business Users.
There are two types of projects in MeisterTask: Private Projects and Team Projects.
Private Projects are invite-only. Only users who have received an invitation can join a private project. Private projects are now marked with a 🔒 symbol in the left sidebar.
Team Projects are immediately visible to your entire team. Your teammates will not need an invitation to join your project.
When creating a new project in MeisterTask, be sure to choose the option which best suits your needs and ensures that sensitive data is protected. Read on to learn more about the differences between Private and Team Projects.
What is a Private Project?
Private projects are invite-only. Only users who have been expressly invited to the project can view and access it. Private projects are marked with a 🔒 symbol in the left sidebar.
What is a Team Project?
Team projects are immediately visible to every user within your organization.
Although it's possible to invite team members to a team project, you don't have to. Your team members can independently view and join team projects directly from the MeisterTask Dashboard.
Create team projects to quickly allow all stakeholders immediate access to a project.
Convert a Private Project to a Team Project (or vice versa)
Project administrators (who are members of the team which own the project) can convert any project to a Private Project or Team Project from the project settings window. To do this:
- Click the project name at the top of your project board.
- Select Project settings from the drop-down menu.
- Click the ellipsis (...) in the top-right corner of the project settings window.
- Select Convert to Team Project... or Convert to Private Project from the drop-down menu.
- Click Convert to confirm your choice.
To convert a team project into a private project, simply:
Open Project Settings
Click the ellipsis (...) in the top-right corner
Click Convert to Private Project
Click Convert to confirm
Only project admins on paid plans can convert a team project to a private project.
Change your Default Setting
Business team admins can choose whether their team creates team projects or private projects by default. To do this:
- Click your user avatar in the top-right corner.
- Select Account from the drop-down menu.
- Click My Team in the left sidebar.
- Click Settings.
- Click Permissions.
- Scroll down to MeisterTask Restrictions and click Edit.
- Scroll down to Project Type by default.
- Choose your default setting.
- Click Save changes.
Ask your question in the Meister Community!