This feature is only available to Team Administrators (all plans)
Team admins can use the Access tab to keep track of individuals outside their organization who may have access to sensitive project data, and if necessary, add these external users to their team.
Open The Access Tab
You can open the Access tab by clicking this link or by following these steps:
- Click your user avatar in the top-right corner of MeisterTask.
- Select Preferences from the drop-down menu.
- Click Access on the left sidebar.
Use the Access Tab
The list is divided into three columns:
- The Name column displays the username and email of all external users who have been invited to projects owned by your team.
- The Team column displays the team each external user belongs to. Users who are not yet a member of a MeisterTask team are listed as "External contributors".
- The Projects column shows all projects the external user has been added to (excluding projects where the user was assigned the guest role). Click the expand arrow to see a list of each project the user is a member of.
What is an external collaborator?
An external collaborator is any user who is NOT a member of your team but has been invited to a project owned by your team. Many team administrators need to keep track of these external project members - that's where the Access tab comes in!
Invite External Collaborators to Join Your Team
You can invite external collaborators to join your team directly from the access tab. To do this:
- Click the checkbox next to the external users you'd like to add to your team.
- Click the Invite to Team button.
Unable to add certain users to your team? These users likely already belong to a paid MeisterTask team. Find out more here.